Friday, August 6, 2010

The Most Wonderful Day of My Life

... Was the day that I married my best friend. 


I woke up at 6 am that morning. I got my hair done and my make up done and it still didnt hit me. I arrived at my parents house with a swarm of family and friends setting up and getting ready and I still felt the same. I began putting on my dress and watched my grandmother cry and began feeling a little bit that maybe something important was going on. After I was dressed and ready to see my future husband, my mom began telling me how proud she was and how happy she is that I am happy... then... I got a little teary eyed. It was time. 

It was more than time. After four and a half years, it was time to marry the man of my dreams. I know I am being gushy.. Ill try to tone it down. Everything  was perfect. Our photographer was awesome, the flowers were beautiful, the Rabbi did an amazing job, and I felt like a princess. Isn't that what every little girl dreams of? Oh, and Mike looked good too, I guess. ;-)
Our whole family came to to show their love and support. The photo below is of my wonderful parents and my beautiful sister with us. Our whole wedding wouldn't have been so incredible without them. Not only did they put forth their pocket books, but also their incredible amount of love and support. 


Mike's family was also in attendance and our day wouldn't have been complete without them.


We had a garden/farm theme at our wedding. Our centerpieces were gerbera daisies in terra cotta pots, mason jars filled with strawberry plants, and little wooden birdhouses. Since our dogs were in the wedding (no Im not kidding), we decided to go along with that theme too and had little puppy prints all over our cake!
We said our vows at my parents house and the place I grew up. They live on liberty lake and Mike and I thought it would be the perfect place for us to say our vows.
Didn't our chuppah turn out just lovely? Mike and his father made it and we used the Tallit that my father, myself, and my sisters were bar/bat mitzva'd in. I thought it added so much more symbolism to the day, because my parents are the best.









Can we do this every year?

Seriously, can we?



The girls were the other stars of the day. They both walked down the aisle withe the best man and maid of honor and dawned little daisies on their collars. It was completely appropriate.

Juliette was great throughout the day and I could tell she was excited that her mommy and daddy were finally married!
Khma was so funny. I think she was a little freaked out that there were so many people at the house. She wouldn't leave our side the whole day. Even when I was take a rest, she decided that it would be a good time to relax on my dress. So sweet. 

4 comments:

fromsophiesview said...

absolutely stunning...congratulations!

Moosicorn Ranch said...

Beautiful wedding! Love how you included your pups in the wedding!

John Going Gently said...

congratulations!
great pictures
best wishes

Inky and Molly said...

We love the family shot with the happy couple and the fur kids!
Congratulations!!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...