Friday, September 24, 2010

Final Count

Kelsi and I just finished final count. We have 38 of the 40 meat chickens we began with! Pretty good success percentage! That's 95% of the total made it to finish day. Kelsi also whipped up this sweet label on the computer tonight so we can label our product. We have sold out too, which is even better. I have our friend and egg customer John, coming over to help. Also, a gal I used to work with is going to bring her kids to watch and learn how and where food comes from. We are keeping 3 Delaware hens and a rooster for rebreeding purposes. Which means we are processing 34 chickens tomorrow. It's going to be a long day. 

Thanks!




2 comments:

John Going Gently said...

the cardboard circles in the incubator are an interesting addition! I may well use this!!!
I have a score of quail eggs in the incubator at the moment!!!

Mr. H. said...

I like your label, very nice.:)

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...