Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sam the Bravest Rooster of All

Hmm... How strange. What could be in that tree?



Is that a chicken? I dont understand. Chickens dont sleep in trees.


Mom: Oh.. Hello there, Samuel. I have been wondering where you sleep at night. Im happy to see you at keeping yourself safe in the darkness. 


Sam: Hi Mom. I'm the bravest chicken of all and have the wings of an Eagle. I will protect the ladies from my 14ft high roost and alert them of any dangers.

Mom: Okay, Sam. Ill see you in the morning.

6 comments:

danitronsen said...

It's cool to see the birds in the trees like they would be in the wild. Once it gets dark our turkeys on into the the trees, but if you try and get them out the hiss like cats and try to peck you. The problem we have found with letting the birds sleep in the trees, is that they come down early in the morning as soon as its light out. Which is when the coyotes are out hunting. We lost a few birds before we learned our lesson, everyone goes in at night.

Mr. H. said...

He does look happy up there. I like your new header picture.:)

Jennifer said...

LOL! I love the mom/sam conversation, too cute!

John Going Gently said...

none of my birds go up in the trees ( even the turkeys are too big now) so I am safe to get them all in the coops at night.....
mind you the guinea fowl always make a play for their graveyard elm

SISSY said...

OMG thats the funniest thing I have ever read! I love it!!!!!!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

My banties do the same thing! I'm worried about what they'll do this winter, goofballs!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...