Monday, August 22, 2011

Crafting

Mike's little sister is expecting a little boy. When these opportunities arise, I have noticed that I take full advantage of these situations and go a bit sew crazy!


I have found that I love sewing. It find it really quite relaxing. Above is the little baby blanket that I made for little Asher James.


One of my favorite parts is picking out all the fabric. I love the cute skulls and crossbones with the peace signs. I had to include the little doggie bones!


I also made some burp clothes. These were SO freakin easy. 


Again, I used the skulls and crossbones. I just can't get enough of them! 


I bought Emily a little bag that I turned into a diaper bag. I had a bit of a hard time finding a changing pad to go into the bag. So, I decided to make one! Its pretty long and she should be able to use it for 1 or 2 years.

  
It folds up nicely and fits into the pocket of the bag that is suppose to house a laptop.


I had a really difficult time with these bibs. I used iron on vinyl and I dont think I will ever use that ever again. It was really hard to work with. The back is terrycloth and I was trying to make it so that she can just use the back of the bib to wipe off the tray or the child. I will do a few things differently next time.


Since I was the one throwing the shower, I made a little centerpiece for the table that she can take home and use in the baby's room. 


CUTE! 




We have some baby stuff that we needed for our own house, because we plan on babysitting quite a bit. I bought a changing pad on craigslist for $3 and since it was just awful, I decided to make a cute cover for it.


I love that fabric.


Pardon the cork board on the wall. I am still working on the room. We bought this crib for $30 off of someone on criagslist and I used an old full sheet and pillow cases to make the crib sheet and skirt. I have a few little adjustments to make on the skirt.


I also made a nice neutral crib quilt. 


I tried to do everything for us in neutral colors, so that when a it is time for baby Halpern #1 we will still be able to use it.

I hope you enjoyed!


1 comment:

Mrs. Moosicorn Alex said...

Nice work, Kelsi! I am so impressed! I wish I were that crafty. I love the skull and crossbones!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...