Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Furniture Building: Front Entrance Bench and Shoe Cubby

I recently got a table saw from my wonderful wife! I decided to build a shoe cubby first, since our front door is always cluttered with a variety of shoes and boots. I am making it out of birch plywood with pine trim on the face. 
Here I have the base assembly all put together. I have the top drying behind(not shown), after gluing the boards together. Everything has been sanded down and the nail holes are all filled. Just need a warmish day to apply the primer and start painting. 

I haven't ever done woodworking like this before. I am learning a ton and can't wait to start my next project.

1 comment:

K-Koira said...

Looks like a great first project. Just make sure to watch those fingers on the table saw!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...