Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What's this that I have found?


Julies loves the squirrelies... and by love I mean she wants to eat them. We have this ancient cottonwood tree in the front yard and, I must say, although is a beautiful, most of the time, in the springtime it 'snows' meaning that it spreads cotton everywhere! Ugh! I hate it! However, there is one positive thing that I have found about this tree is...


Aww! How cute is that? If that wasn't cute enough by itself, then more popped out of that little hole!



I think these are babies. They sure were curious about what I was doing and who I was. They just stared at me. It was pretty sweet.


Mike decided to climb up near the hole to get a better look. The babies didn't like that very much and one even fell out of the tree. I was petrified that Jules was going to try to eat it, but the babies got away in time.  Thank goodness.


Here is a picture of their little home. I guess it went back pretty deep. It must have taken them so long to hollow that out. 



Again, Julies loves to try to climb the tree to get to the squirrelies.


I always feel guilty when I include one of our children and not the other. So, I included this picture of Khma modeling. Does she know how to work the camera or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Great pics!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...