Monday, March 8, 2010

Mike and I have been working hard on the garden. Like I said, we bought a special deer fence to help keep them out. Last week we put it up and tilled in a bunch of manure. This week, we have been constructing raised beds. The beds themselves are easy to make. It has been filling them that has been a problem. Not enough dirt! I am not sure how we are going to resolve this. I really dont want to buy dirt. Who buys dirt?!

We have also decided to build a greenhouse! I am very excited. We have begun growing our own starters for the garden and once the greenhouse is constructed, they will be transferred into there until it is warm enough outside for them to survive. It is going to be awesome.

As for our chicks? They are growing more and more everyday. They are so dang cute. Currently, they are at the stage where they have some of their feathers growing in, but still have a lot of fuss. Ugh! I just want to smooch them! So cute!

4 comments:

JMcCarrell said...

Lookin Good!

Kelsi said...

Thanks Jenn!

Nels said...

I love the use of the dog kennel as a brooder. Cheap, easy to clean and they can't jump out of it!

Kelsi said...

It has been nice for the babies.. although.. they have a habit of jumping out, because they are still so little! Naughty little ones! We have had to but cardboard around it to keep them in.

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...