Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Picture Update

It has been a busy week so I thought I would post some pictures to show what's been going on. The chicks are getting big and Kelsi and I have gotten a boat load done in the garden I will add more about that later.

Audrey sunning under the heat lamp



The Meaters are growing fast!


Negus' is the first of the new chicks to get her comb. Looks so pretty,
doesn't she?

Mere and Gene. Same age. Very different size.


The Aerogarden is in full bloom




Julies keeping an eye on her land, She loves this spot because she can watch the chickens roam and also make sure no one is sneaking up the road.

That's it, thanks for looking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute chicks!

JMcCarrell said...

Looks like you are getting to be quite the photographer. Love the flowers one with the blurry background. So pretty! And why are the chicks different sizes? Midget chick?

Mike said...

It's totally a midget chick! Her name is cashmere because she is one of the few chickens that dont get feathers of flight. Instead they get these really soft thin feathers and they are so cute when they are older little fluff balls. They are also a smaller breed. Which explains the size difference. This is what they look like as adults. And thanks for the love!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/jazlyn_angel/Chickens/SilkieRooster.jpg

Dani said...

I was wondering how old Negus is? She doesn't look very old in the picture and I was thinking based off my experience with chickens that if she is getting her comb and waddles being that small then she is probably a he. Our hens usually don't get their combs and waddles until they are right about the age to start laying eggs (5 1/2-6 months). We have also hatched quite a few chicks ourselves and the roosters always start getting their combs within a month of hatching. You will have to let me know if she turns out to be a he.

Callie Brady said...

The chicks are really cute! I love it when they start to feather out. Spring has come to visit you before it stopped here. Lucky you! Love the flower!

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I came up on the pic of the dog. Good picture!

Kelsi said...

Ignore the Tshirt! She got bit at the dog park and we were using the shirt as a bandaid!

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...