Sunday, March 27, 2011

An Update on Juliette

Juliette is slowly improving. She still needs her rest and she has been getting a lot of it. She has a cough and runny nose still. We have been unhooking her IV and letting her outside whenever we can go with her. She has been barking at her favorite squirrel tree, chasing the chickens and helping me in the garden. 
The IV fluids make her cold and she shivers, so we put blankets on her.
She gets pretty tired outside and lays down to rest often. It is really nice to see her outside even if she is just resting.

Garden Helper
Yesterday I worked in the garden for hours and she was outside with me the whole time.
Garden Helper
Hi dad!
Garden Helper
Lots of smells in here!
Garden Helper
Delicious!
Garden Helper
"I'm coming"
Garden Helper

We took the IV out on Saturday night. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she wont need a new one for a long time.


Thanks for reading and thank you for all of your nice comments.

1 comment:

Danni said...

Ohhh...what a sweet first pic. I've been lax in my blog reading the last few days and I'm not certain what has happened to your poor pup, so I'm off to read and catch up. Regardless, I'm really glad she's on the mend.
She's also really lucky to have the two of you as parents. :-)

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...