Saturday, April 24, 2010

Arbor day 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful arbor day. Kelsi and I started out our day by going to Spokane Regional Waste systems compost fair which was fairly interesting. Just for going they were giving out these free compost bins. They look small in the picture, but the are actually 3 feet tall by 3 feet in diameter. They will be perfect for all of the chicken bedding as we clean out the coop this week.

Also we went to a plant sale today at Manito Park and we bought 3 lilac plants form the lilac society of spokane. We bought a purple, white, and violet one for a dollar a piece! So we may not have planted a tree today but we planted some lilacs. Thats a fair trade I think.
This is a photo of our greenhouse, and the plants tucked in for the night under a nice blanket of floating row cover. The wind blew in a major cold front. 
Also on an exciting note, I found out today that I was accepted to nursing school at NIC. I will start in the fall and be done in two years! I am very excited!


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Periwinkle Farm said...

Congrats on getting accepted : )Hope you have a wonderfull Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Cool composters.

Congratulations on being accepted into nursing school.

Garage Workbench.

Recently with our move to the new house I  had the opportunity to make a work bench in the garage to consolidate my tools that were in box...